The Assembly wants to know what you think about the key issues facing community planning in Grandview-Woodland. Please share your knowledge and imagination.
Here’s how you can help the Assembly do its work
1. Share Your Ideas
If you have a particular issue that you want the Assembly to think about, please email us or mail us your idea. In Stage 2 (Winter 2014/2015), the Assembly is actively collecting ideas about initiatives or strategies to address key planning issues in the neighbourhood.
After review, we’ll post everyone’s submissions on our website. Please make sure your submission follows these Guidelines for Submissions:
- Submissions should be clear and concise.
- Submissions should be helpful to Assembly members in their deliberations
- Submissions should avoid naming any individuals — whether positively or negatively.
- Please include your name, email and postal code with your submission. This information will not be made public and is for our records only. Anonymous posts will not be accepted.
2. Suggest Learning Resources
Members of the Assembly will be learning about key planning issues from a diverse set of perspectives. They’ll receive reading materials, hear from a variety of speakers (many recommended by Grandview-Woodlanders), and watch online videos.
What learning resources do you think would be helpful for Assembly members?
We’ll read everything you send us. A curated list of some of the best resources, representing diverse perspectives, will be posted on this website. Members will be encouraged to read, watch or listen to the learning resources that you submit.
Please email us an article, video or other concise and easily understandable resource:
- Resource type: report, website, blog, news story, video, or, article
- Topic: Arts and culture, Community services, Heritage and design, Housing, Jobs and business, Public space, Transportation, Other
- Why you’re recommending this resource
- Please include your name, email and postal code. This information will not be made public and is for our records only. Anonymous posts will not be accepted.
- And, a link or attachment to the resource!
3. Share an Image of the Neighbourhood You’d Like to See and we’ll post it on our Pinterest Board
- Email or mail us a photo, drawing or symbol that represents the Grandview-Woodland neighbourhood you’d like to see in 30 years.
- Include a description of how your image represents the Grandview-Woodland neighbourhood you’d like to see in 30 years.
- Please include your name, email and postal code with your image. This information will not be made public and is for our records only.
We’ll post your images on our Pinterest page, and share your images with the Assembly members, who will also be posting images periodically during the process.